Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Light it up TRUE





I have made no bones about the fact that Autism Speaks does not speak for us.  And that I will never be one to light it up blue. For those of you who are new readers, you can see why in some of my previous posts


Their track record has not improved much from 2013 when I looked at their taxes.  They currently are spending about 4% of their budget on families. 


Its been almost  one year since I joined up with TeamTMR , the non profit arm of The Thinking Moms Revolution and in that time I have been consistently impressed with how my colleagues in TeamTMR GET STUFF DONE.  You want world peace and a balanced budget - set these ladies on it.  It will happen.  At the state and federal level, these women are lobbying to ensure we retain our rights as parents, speaking to boards of aging geneticists who are shocked at the impact environment is having on our children, changing policy in corporations... its ASTONISHING.  I am honored to work with them.


This spring, a few of us decided that instead of lighting it up blue, we wanted to Light it up TRUE.  Its been a team effort, but every day in April, we will release a meme with a fact, appropriately source referenced (you wouldn't expect any less from a project of The Thinking Moms), with a fact about autism.


I will be running a blog every day this month around the days Meme and how it relates to us in our journey. I hope you'll take the time to read back to the links I provide that tell the tale of our journey thus far.  It's amazing to me how many of these random quotes apply to us.  Please share the memes (and the blogs too if you are thusly inspired) so that we can, together, instead lighting it Blue, light it up TRUE.

Happy Autism Action Month.



No comments: